Friday, July 30, 2010

Could Kindle EBook Gifting Become a Reality This Year? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Could Kindle EBook Gifting Become a Reality This Year? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com:
Earlier this week, Amazon introduced the new lighter, faster, brighter, cheaper and Wi-Fi-ready Kindle. I first saw the device in a private meeting with Amazon executives. Overall, I'd say it does an impressive job of stripping away the technology so you can focus on reading. Since I had Russ Grandinetti, Amazon's vice president of Kindle Content, in the room, I decided to get to the bottom of this e-book gifting issue.

I told him I had seen complaints about people not being able to gift e-books. Grandinetti smiled. "Stay tuned, we know gifting is important," he said. "We have a long experience with trying to make people's holidays really good." And, he added, Amazon is working on making this year's holidays good.