Wednesday, October 13, 2010

More from My Favorite Indie Novelist: Why Indie Literature?


Wanda Shapiro, One Girl One Novel: "I’ve been reflecting recently on why I decided to go indie. There was a time when writers only self-published if they were sitting on a pile of rejection letters (and a large sum of money) which created a stigma of desperation, but times are changing and more and more writers like myself are choosing the indie business model proactively, foregoing traditional publishing models entirely. While some writers are still driven by anger and rejection, for me, going indie was business decision made after a good deal of research and soul searching. It was not a decision I made lightly, and it was not a simple decision, but in the end it was not a difficult decision. Here’s why I decided to go indie ..."