Monday, October 25, 2010

WSJ Doesn’t Buy Into Amazon’s ‘Buy Once, Read Everywhere’ Plans

paidContent: "Earlier this month, I told an Amazon (NSDQ: AMZN) VP the aspect that bothered me most as a Kindle user was the inability to access my subscriptions across the e-reader platform. Amazon execs are among the best I’ve ever seen at playing it close to the vest and he was no exception, never letting on that they were on the verge of doing just that. Well, on the verge of making it possible for publishers to do it. PaidContent has learned the Wall Street Journal, one of the top-selling newspapers on Kindle, is opting out. The New York Times Co. (NYSE: NYT) reply to my question about whether it would be taking part initially wasn’t a straight up or down: 'We’ll be announcing our bundle details when we launch the details of our paid model.' The NYT is the top-selling Kindle newspaper."